Thursday, December 9, 2010

therapy in familiar habits.

Finals week can be defined in my life with one simple phrase, etched on several wall-hangings in the clearance section of Marshalls:


What do I do when I get stressed out?
Mostly, I bake. Sometimes I clean my room, do tons of laundry, rearrange rooms, paint things, rhinestone things, abuse my hot glue gun. I find an awful lot of solace in my simple little stress habits. As I see it, things could be a lot worse. I'm not drinking my feelings or falling into partying habits. Baking is delicious and usually makes me more than a few friends at work. Cleaning gives me the feeling of productivity. I can do that.

Anyway, finals will come, no matter how many red velvet cookies I crank out. Biomechanics is open-note, but it's not going to be pretty at all. Senior Seminar should be okay. Anthropology shouldn't be a problem either. I should probably start my paper for Men, Women and Society, but mehhhhh. I would rather run, bake, and clean, and christmas shop. It's technically supposed to be study days right now, but I spent all day in meetings. Staff meeting at work at 8:30. Career Services resume review at 12. Sport Psychology Club at 1. CLP one-on-one at 4. They're all fun, all a little productive.

3 Exams, 1 Paper, 8 Days and I'm home free!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, almost finished! BTW this is probably the cutest/coolest blog.ever.

    ReplyDelete